Tuesday, September 22, 2015

On Locked Illusions Photography

What if I asked you, do you value innocence and the preservation of purity? What would you say? Yeah I know your response, "wow what grouchy partypooper, it's just for fun and it hurts no one!" No? Can you not see it? We don't reenact 9/11 or school shootings, nor do we delight at the loss or the pain and suffering of a dear loved one. Then why do we endorse turning innocent vulnerable pictures of perfect innocence into something as sick as a child bleeding to death or looking as if they had demonically risen from the dead? Why can't people think beyond the cultural flow? Have we become so numb to the value of life and innocence that we cannot see past mainstream endorsement and not be able to think for ourselves? Can we not see that violence and evil is what we as adults are to protect and guard children from? I want to understand if I am wrong, but I see no good making demonic the very thing that represents innocence. A child is vulnerable, a child is innocent, children are to be protected by those who can protect them. That is, the adults, their parents, and society as a whole. Hit me with your best shot. I'm sick of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment